- Boil water and add cornmeal. Don’t go beyond boiling point or you’ll kill the yeast. It should just be warm enough to touch.
- Now that you’ve made the mash, add sugar and yeast. If there are 2 ingredients you need to appreciate, it’s these. These are the very two things in charge of providing that special kick.
- Ferment it for 5 days or until the bubbles stop forming. Now, you have the sour mash. Don’t let the name fool you because this mix is designed to make life sweet!
- Heat the sour mash in your pressure cooker and set it at 173 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes the alcohol rise to the surface.
- Attach one end of the copper pipe into the pressure cooker vent and dip the other end into a container filled with cold water. Make sure the pipe doesn’t touch your precious mash.
- As the vapors course through the cold copper tubing, the alcohol formed is now what we call the moonshine.
- Filter the drink through charcoal and remove gunk.
This is when you can finally drink the concoction. Watch how goosebumps start to form. You’ll soon be the epitome of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. One minute, you’re this outstanding young man who’s the model of society. And the next, you’re this crazy, wild party-goer who doesn’t know which end is up. Wild as the night may be, it’s certainly unforgettable!
Check out an awesome infographic on how to make moonshine on the next page!