The Top 3 Mobile Trends For 2016

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

42-76186573

There is no doubt about it; we live an increasingly connected and mobile world, and one which is gradually changing our everyday existence. This is both supported and explained by a number of statistics, with Smart Insights reporting that 80% of all Internet users now own a smartphone.

The widening range of available mobile apps also account for 89% of all usage, with websites contributing to the other 11%. These are just snippets from a vast and constantly evolving data-set, which tells us what to expect from the mobile market in 2016 and beyond.

3 Mobile Trends for 2016: Key Insights for the Year ahead

Given the complex and constantly evolving nature of mobile technology and its applications, it can often difficult to identify the trends that will influence the market in the year ahead. With this in mind, we have decided to reveal the seminal trends that we believe will shape the mobile world in 2016. These include: –

Mobile Gaming will be increasingly driven by Tablet gameplay

Last year, the revenue generated by mobile gaming reached $15.1 dollars, with smartphones accounting for $10.68 billion and more than two-thirds of this income. While smartphone gaming revenue is forecast to grow continually and a steady pace until 2018, however, the tablet sector will enjoy greater proliferation during the same period.

This has been primarily driven by the rising popularity of real-time slot experiences, with the level of revenue produced by tablet gaming expected to nearly double to $8.18 billion by 2018. If you like to play Thunderstruck 2 slot and similar games, you will know that this platform is ideal for real-time titles and emerging as an increasingly popular medium.

We will see the emergence of the Emoji Era

If there is one thing that characterises millennial consumers, it is an appreciation for the value of concise and emotive messaging. This is especially true in real-time communication, so 2016 will see the popularisation of emoji’s as a staple of mobile marketing and brand messaging.

These small but colourful icons can be used to convey emotion, while they are represent a language form that modern smartphone users can easily identify with. Brands that fail to recognise this or utilise emoji’s will ultimately struggle to grow, and could well lose a valuable market share as 2016 progresses.

Mobile will become the key driver of Customer service

On a similar note, millennial customers are also unlikely to tolerate slow or standardised service in the modern age. This is because social media has introduced an era of emotive, real-time communication, which can be utilised by brands to deliver instant customer service and transform this into a viable marketing tool.

This is reflected by the fact that 86% of consumers are more inclined to abandon a company on the basis of a single, negative experience, as opposed to just 59% in 2011. As a result of this, we are likely to see mobile become the main channel for the delivery of real-time customer service, with SMS messaging joining the ranks of social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook.

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Add a Comment

More in Gaming
5 Drinking Games For Some Booze Fun

What’s a party without drinks? It’s boring to just pour those martinis and cocktails without having some fun. Well, not...

Close