Summer months mean women in bikinis, sandy beaches, beer cans stacked to the ceiling, and baseball! ESPN’s Sportscenter has done a lot to transform how we look at sports, especially their ridiculous catch phrases. Check out some of our favorite SportsCenter baseball catch phrases below:
- Good wood. Solid spank. Major league crank. Craig Kilborn gave us this gem. If you didn’t know any better, you would think he is talking about “the blue stuff”.
- It’s a 6-4-3 double play if you’re scoring at home. If not, try flowers! Wink, Wink! Maybe Larry Beil can suggest some other methods to pick up women as well.
- Have you seen my baseball? Rece Davis must really like “There’s Something About Mary”.
- Your puny ballparks are too small to contain my gargantuan blasts! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses for a clubhouse feast! Kenny Mayne sounds like he is ready for a fine meal.
- It’s the Rush Limbaugh shot…to the right and fair. Oh, Chris Myers. Trying to take a political shot here?
- Take a seat. More beer for me. Kenny Mayne gives us another classic phrase when a Milwaukee Brewer strikes out. Oh, how we love puns.
- You want me on that wall. You NEED me on that wall! Before Rich Eisen was on the NFL Network, he gave us this great like based on “A Few Good Men”.
- He has successfully reached the 18-34 year old target audience. Kenny Mayne just continues to dominate this list. Is this your target market too?
- He’s saying something about a man and a cane. Keith Olbermann gave us this one before he went through his political phase.
- Obviously, he hasn’t watched Tom Emanski’s “Defensive Drills”. It’s endorsed by Fred McGriff, you know. Kenny Mayne likes taking a pot shot when someone makes an error.
- That must be a Homer, Simpson, cuz the pitcher just said D’oh! We just can’t stop with Kenny Mayne. His stuff is pure gold.
- Love your glove. This could have many meanings, Jason Jackson.
- The bases are like Canada during the Vietnam War…full of Dodgers. I wonder what Rece Davis would say if the bases were loaded in a Yankees game.
- He’s got the magic stick. I wonder how many magic sticks Linda Cohn has referred to in her SportsCenter career?
- It’s not the size of the stick, it’s all about hittin’ the sweet spot! Rece Davis finishes off our list with another harmless innuendo.
What are your favorite baseball catch phrases? Are there any awesome ones that we missed? Let us know in the comments below!