It’s the end of the year and everyone is getting ready for the holiday’s and New Year’s celebrations. From ugly sweaters to red and green mixed cocktails, people’s from all over the world are ready to chill out for a few days and enjoy some festivities.
But while many people will be focusing on holiday party hopping, others will use this time to think about the year past and what they have accomplished. Those who have identified specific goals and made the commitment to accomplish them are going to use this time to contemplate where they are going in their life. From making more money to getting fit, this is that time of the year where resolutions are made.
Unfortunately, 92% of the people who make their resolutions break them or don’t follow through by sometime in February because they lose their motivation. Whether they get distracted or lazy, almost everyone who has decided to improve their life in some way has given up on their goal.
One of the main reasons people lose sight of their commitment is because they don’t have a partner to do it with. Studies have shown that when you set out to accomplish a goal, having someone or a group of people to do it with makes it much easier to accomplish. Just think about groups like Crossfit, Tough Mudder, and Spartan Races. By having a group of people sharing the same goal as you makes it:
- A. Funner to do the work because you have other people to share it with
- B. Harder to give up on because other people are relying on you
So if you have a resolution or goal you want to accomplish, try finding some friends or other people who share the same goal as you do and make the commitment with them.
Another great way to stay committed to your goal is by reading inspirational quotes about life on a daily basis. By setting aside just five minutes a day, these words have the power to keep you motivated so you don’t find it as easy to give up or lose sight of your commitment. Here are ten quotes we found that will get you pumped up:
- Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
- The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere. – Barack Obama
- When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it. – Jim Rohn
- Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence. – Colin Powell
- Your strength doesn’t come from winning. It comes from struggles and hardship. Everything that you go through prepares you for the next level. ― Germany Kent
- You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands – your own. – Mark Victor Hansen
- Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them. – T. Harv Eker
- Good things come to those who believe. Better things come to those who are patient. The best things come to those who never give up. – Unknown
- The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow. – Unknown
- You cannot afford to live in potential for the rest of your life; at some point, you have to unleash the potential and make your move. – Eric Thomas