Being single, it’s either a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it. If you are one of those guys who always says “Hey baby, how you doin’?” like Joey from Friends, I think you need some new pick-up lines. Even though “Your dad must be a thief, cuz you have diamonds in your eyes” is a sure fire pick-up line, we have a created a list of our favorite bar pick-up lines. We can’t promise that they will work, but they will get a reaction for sure! The response you get may range from mild amusement to wildly violent. It’s all in the luck of the draw. So whether you’re looking for a long time partner, or just a quick roll in the sack (which, come on, is probably really the case) here are a few lines to help speed up the process. Put on those beer goggles and try these babies out. And make sure to let us know which ones actually work!
Although we’d be more than happy to get a laugh in on someone else’s expense, we’re not that cruel. Since we want to give you an actual chance, we’ve categorized these pick up lines in 3 categories, from the classics, to corny, to just plain sad. So here goes…
“Oldies But Goodies”:
- “Do you come here often?” Let’s face it. It’s simple, straightforward, and very uncomplicated.
- “If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.” Who doesn’t enjoy a little drunken alphabetizing?
- “You must be tired coz you’ve been running through my mind all night!” I swear, this one has been around since I can’t even remember…
- “I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?” Might just work if you were actually good looking and charming. Otherwise, don’t count on it!
- “Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?” What woman doesn’t like being referred to as an angel? Oh, I know, women getting picked up in bars, that’s who. They’d rather be called devils, in and out of bed.
- “What’s your sign?” Apparently this one is for the books! This has 70’s disco written all over it. I’d ask my mom if someone ever tried it on her but I’m afraid of what she just might tell me (shudder).
- “Are you a parking ticket? ‘Cause you’ve got fine written all over you.” Any confident woman might just tell you that she’s definitely an expensive parking ticket. You gotta pay to park your car in her garage.
- “If being sexy was a crime, you’d be guilty as charged!” Cue women all bursting out a chorus of, “Guilty!”
- “Is it hot in here or is it just you?” This line is pathetic and hilarious, it all depends on your delivery. See how the girl reacts. If you get a slap on the face, then don’t ever dare use this line ever again.
- “That dress is beautiful, but it would look even better on my bedroom floor.” This is one of those lines where you really hope the woman is a little more devil than nun. Pro tip: Use this line at about 1:55am when everyone is already trashed, and about ready to head home.