With Valentine’s Day in just two weeks, it’s time to start looking for the perfect gift for your significant other (or just maybe someone you’re looking to woo). The best idea for a gift is, of course, using your knowledge of what they like, and giving them a present that’s personalized. But in reality not all of us have that kind of time or patience. Sometimes you just have to pick something up from one of the racks at a gift store and roll with it.
Now there are methods that have been tried and tested throughout centuries and they’ve proved to be pretty successful so far. Here are some classic v-day gifts that you can put your own spin on and give to your loved one this year.
- Mixtape. Nothing says ‘I love you’ like an entire bunch of songs that basically say that exact thing. Depending on how well you know your valentine, you can make a mixtape full of songs you know they’ll love or if you’re just starting out, you can introduce yourself to them through your favorite romantic music.
- Flowers. Contact your local florist or go bigger. Get a really nice arrangement of flowers to please your partner. Flowers look good; they smell nice and convey the message that you’re willing to spend money to please your valentine with something pretty.
- A romantic dinner. You can’t go wrong with a nice, candle lit dinner. Take them out to a nice romantic restaurant or make the whole thing from scratch and set the mood at home – both options are equally pleasing.
- A big old box of chocolate. You know what they say, these are full of surprises and maybe that’s just what you need. Don’t be too thrifty. Buy a nice big one to show them you care. Nothing like a big box of chocolate to make a person happy.
- Breakfast in bed. Surprise them with a nice, big breakfast full of their favorite food in bed. After all what’s better than being woken up to breakfast and coffee without even having to get out of bed?
- A shiny new wrist watch. Everyone, male or female, loves a new wrist watch. If you’re willing to spend a good amount of dough but just don’t know what they’d like this year, give them a brand new wrist watch and watch their face light up.
- A massage and a movie. A massage will relieve them of stress and set the mood. Pull up a quality romantic movie on Netflix after and relax on the couch with a drink or just each other’s company and let the night unfold.
- Forget the notion that jewelries are only for girls. There’s a big market for man jewelry out there right now. Whoever your valentine is, you just need to pick something they’d like et voila, you’re good for the year.
- Leather goods. These are always a classy choice. They look good and tend to be very useful. From a sleek leather wallet to a high-brand leather purse – you will find a lot of options to choose from.
- Alcohol. It’s hard to go wrong with this one. Whether your valentine is a wino, a champagne enthusiast or just someone who likes a stiff drink at the end of the day, you can always find something they’ll like.