10 Ways to Have Fun on Weekends without Getting Trashed
January 25, 2016 | Drinking, Movies/TV, Uncategorized | No Comments|
Now we know how this sounds but sometimes drinking does prove to be more trouble than it’s worth. Say, you’re in grad school and you have to work on that VIP (Very Important Paper) sometime this weekend. Would it be a very good idea to get drunk out of your mind? Probably not. It’s a good idea to make a list of things you can do to have a good time without having to put copious amounts of alcohol in your body.
Invite your friends to do the same or engage in a bit of solitary fuamon, this list of things to do on weekends without having to rely on alcohol might just be what you need.
- Karaoke. Pick any tune and start singing. Even without the buzz of alcohol in your system, this can be fun when you have your friends cheering you on from the crowd.
- Dancing. This is fun with or without drinking. Grab a couple of your friends and hit a night club and work the extra energy out of your system.
- Video games. Fun nights with or without friends.
- Watch a movie or two. Why stop at one movie when you’ve got nothing else to do for the night? Go to the nearest theater, buy a lot of popcorn and watch all the movies you can.
- Catch a game with your friends. Baseball, basketball, rugby… it doesn’t even matter which game you watch as long as you have great snacks (try chicken wings) and lots of soda.
- Binge-watch that TV show you’ve been meaning to watch for a while. Do you keep wanting to watch all nine seasons of The X Files? Or maybe you feel like rewatching all of Friends? Well now’s your time!
- Read a book. If you like reading, this shouldn’t be difficult. You can probably finish two books in two days if you set your mind on it. Challenge yourself. Go!
- Go out to a fancy restaurant with a date. Or a friend, if you’re short on dates right now. Splurge a little, order the fanciest food on the menu and split the cost so you don’t create a hole in your wallet. It’s more fun than you think.
- Go to the CD store and take advantage of the sale. Or just hang around listening to some music while you look at their collection. They say music’s good for the soul. We’re inclined to agree.
- Visit an amusement park. No, seriously. You’re never too old for Disneyland.